04.02.2020 | News AI augmentation makes the workplace more efficient
Augmentation is becoming more and more important in the software sector: Artificial intelligence extends human intelligence. AI procedures such as machine learning and advanced text comprehension methods enable enterprise search solutions to "think". The software captures content thematically, sorts data automatically, recognizes relationships between data and identifies trends. With these capabilities, a wide variety of analysis scenarios can be realized. These include:
1. Contract analysis: By analyzing and automatically extracting the most important contents and clauses of contracts and other legal documents, AI-based software frees lawyers in law firms and legal departments of companies from reading pages of documents. This pays off especially in due diligence procedures, where large numbers of contracts often have to be evaluated within a very short time, or in the processing of recurring analysis work, such as in mass proceedings. The legal professionals gain more time again for their actual tasks - making decisions, assessing risks and looking after their clients.
2. Support in customer service: Using a central search, customer service employees can search for documents as well as for contents of manuals. This saves working time and the customer receives a quicker answer to his inquiry - even if he describes the problem in a way different from the sample solution in the FAQ database. Even new support staff can use the search to access information in a targeted manner and without extensive training.
3. Analysis of GDPR-relevant data: If personal data can be tracked down in a targeted manner - regardless of whether it is stored on file servers, in e-mails, in the ERP or CRM system - information gaps can be closed and employees get an exact overview of where GDPR-relevant data is located. This enables them to delete data if necessary and to react quickly to requests for information.
4. E-discovery: In the course of legal proceedings, enterprise search applications help to identify digital evidence and investigative data. Structured and unstructured data such as e-mails are searched. Experts then examine the extracted data with regard to its relevance to the facts in question.
5. Analysis of machine-generated data: Maximum added value can only be generated if insights can be gained from IoT data, i.e. machine-generated data, that lead to reliable predictions and comprehensible instructions for action. With the help of enterprise search applications, for example, log data in production processes can be evaluated more quickly and machines that have caused errors can be identified - across data silos.
"By making relevant information available to the employee in the shortest possible time, an AI-based enterprise search solution enables the employees to make data-based decisions, find solutions to problems, advise customers, in short, to do their job", explains Franz Kögl, CEO of IntraFind Software AG. "However, humans remain irreplaceable, because only they can process the found information, draw conclusions and make the right decisions well informed. Artificial intelligence therefore helps to optimally support employees in their work and to relieve them of stupid, monotonous, non-value-adding standard tasks by completing a previously defined task".